DFI is currently accepting resumes for consideration for an open position as a Consultant Contract Manager for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) in the Temple Hills Service Depot. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and understanding of either, or, both the water distribution or sanitary sewer collection systems. Ideally candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of industry experience with at least three (3) years have been spent managing contracts. Strongest candidates will have construction management or engineering degrees accompanied by certifications and or industry license(s).
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- Supervises employees, including selection or recommendation of selection, training, assigning, evaluating work, counseling and recommending disciplining or termination.
- Enforces the technical provision (standard specifications) of pipeline construction projects, rehabilitation contracts, including water main replacement and cleaning and lining, sewer, water house connection renewals, sewer main by lining and open‐cut, manhole rehabilitation, paving and restoration contracts, water and sewer relocation contracts.
- In conjunction with the administrative contract manager, schedules and conducts pre-construction meetings with contractors, sediment control specialist and state, county and local agencies.
- Supervises construction inspectors on construction contracts and monitors and documents disciplinary problems.
- Reviews and approves contractor’s current and final estimates, providing same to the administrative contract manager.
- In conjunction with the administrative contract manager, the contract managers prepares change and field orders, which are issued by the administrative contract manager.
- Recommends acceptance of work as completed to the administrative contract manager.
- Conducts and provides constructability reviews.
- Conducts bid‐ready contract package reviews for all commission water and sewer pipeline and house connection contracts.
- Meets with the contractor on a regular basis to resolve construction issues and coordinate on bid item quantities, which were successfully completed.
- Prepares and updates daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to general conditions, standard specifications and standard details.
- All applicants must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation. Applicants are subject to annual background investigation and random drug testing. All of which must be maintained/passed while employed in the position.