The Animal Control Building project was initiated to reduce humidity and increase ventilation of the isolation, kennel and surgical suites of the facility.
DFI provided Construction Management and Inspection (CM&I) services for this facility and systems upgrade project, located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, which included:
- Duct cleaning of the entire facility.
- Extension supply and return/exhaust ductwork from existing.
- RAHUs duct connections to new PDHUs over the rooftop.
- In-house Subject Matter Expertise combined with engineering and facility maintenance input was instrumental in completion of the successful project.
- Installation of new recirculation air fans in kennel areas for floor liquid evaporation.
- Installation of two (2) custom Packaged Air Handling Units ((PDHUs), approximately 10,000 CFM each at grade. Each PDHU has an energy recovery wheel, preheating hot water coil, heat pipe wrap-around coils, chilled water coil, direct expansion coils, hot gas reheat coil, reheat hot water coil and compressors/condensers.
- Replacement of steel diffusers and grills serving kennels with aluminum diffusers and grills.
- Two (2) custom package 10,000 CFM dehumidifier PDHU’s were designed and installed to address unsatisfactory conditions.
DFI participated in several brainstorm meetings during the project's system shake-out to optimize functionality.