The Howard County, Maryland Bureau of Environmental Services added the Recycling Shed, Organics Building and Electronic Pavilion to meet the growing programmatic requirements for recycling and the manufacture of topsoil, mulch and compost at Alpha Ridge Landfill.
DFI provided Construction Inspection (CI) services for this multi-facility project. The project scope included:
- High quality topsoil, mulch and compost produced at this facility reduces waste, generates revenue and offsets the tax burden to residents.
- New construction of three (3) separate unconditioned structures.
- The Electronic Pavilion included a pre-engineered metal pavilion with drilled pier foundation and lighting.
- The Organics Building is comprised of concrete bunkers for the storage and protection of topsoil, mulch and compost produced at the facility.
- The Recycling Shed is an enclosed pre-engineered metal building with electric for five (5) overhead doors, lighting, loading dock, water service, including backflow preventer, oil-water separator, parking and entrance drive paving and related curb and gutter, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible entrances and walkways, submerged gravel wetland and bioretention facility construction and storm drain.